Friday, December 05, 2008

Women's Christmas Dinner

This year, I was able to attend the Women's Christmas Dinner at Irving Bible Church. I have been a part of the women's bible study over the past year, and this is a huge event that they do every year. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend last year because the dinner was held during the same week I was in Las Vegas for a pharmacy convention. Several of my good friends from bible study (Leah, Amy, Susan, and Robin) were in charge of organizing this dinner for probably ~1,000 women! They did such a wonderful job! Women have the ability to "host" a table, and then they are in charge of decorating the table for the dinner. I couldn't believe how BEAUTIFUL the tables were! Several of the tables had a theme (i.e. toys, western, etc.) and others displayed very creative ideas. I volunteered as a greeter for the dinner so I arrived early and had a chance to tour the tables. After a yummy, catered dinner, all of the women went to the auditorium for a variety show. The show featured talented women from Irving Bible Church that sang, played piano, performed a comedy act, and much more. I had such a great time! If I can go next year, I hope to bring lots of friends and family along! Here are pics of some of the tables:



2 comments:

Eric and Lar Holquin said...

wow those tables were AMAZING. that's awesome!!!! so glad that you got to go:)

amy said...

SO GLAD you came to Christmas Dinner this year!!!! I loved seeing you- it's been too long! Thank you so much for being a greeter- we appreciate it so much. Hope to see you soon. Tell Jason we said hi!