Friday, December 12, 2008

ASHP Orlando 2008

This year marked my 4th ASHP (American Society of Health-System Pharmacists) Midyear Clinical Meeting. This is a big event for pharmacists all over the country, and it is the primary place for recruitment to pharmacy residency programs. This year, it was in sunny Orlando, FL. Although I didn't get a chance to go to Disney World, the Disney "feel" infiltrated the entire town...including the airport. My co-resident, Anesia, and I had a chance to meet Snow White while we were waiting to board the plane :).
During the 5-day period that I was at the meeting, I attended several CE (continuing education) programs. Not only did they provide education, but more importantly, they provided free meals!!
Katie Hazlewood (one of my fellow OU College of Pharmacy grads) is the Critical Care resident with me at the Dallas VA. It was so nice to see a familiar face when I started this program.
The above pic shows (from L to R): Nicole Russell (last year's Ambulatory Care resident), Krystal Edwards (my program director), me, and Shane Greene (one of my primary Am Care preceptors).
Another great thing about this event is that I am able to catch up with some of my friends from pharmacy school. (L to R) Teresa Nguyen, Katie Hazlewood, me, Jamie Smith, and Craig Trusley. We all graduated from OU College of Pharmacy Class of 2007--Boomer Sooner!!

I don't have a pic with her, but I was also able to see and catch up with one of my co-residents from last year, Janine. It was sooo great to see her! Also, another one of my co-residents from last year, Phil, was at the convention. I briefly saw him, but will have to make a trip down to San Antonio to visit with him a little more! :) He was busy interviewing for jobs!

I'm not sure if this will be my last trip to Midyear or not...my years of school and residency have almost come to an end! :) (finally!)

No comments: