Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving Potluck

Tonight, Jason and I hosted a potluck Thanksgiving dinner for the residents at our apartment. Unfortunately, we had a small crowd due to illness and schedule mishaps. We had plenty of food though! One of the residents, LaTonya, prepared the turkey..a 20-lb one! It was super tasty, but we had a lot left over. Jason was a sweetheart and took LaTonya a plate of the food because she wasn't able to make it. Young, another resident who is from Korea, brought a Korean dessert. It is a traditional Korean food that is eaten during Thanksgiving. Katie brougt a salad with homemade vinegrette dressing, and Anesia brought the always-loved green bean casserole. I prepared the appetizers and made a pumpkin souffle. Brittan gave me the recipe just yesterday, and I already tried it out! It was definitely a big hit! I have always loved Thanksgiving food. Good thing, because I have at least 2 more dinners to go!

No comments: