Sunday, May 20, 2012

Zoo Trip

Yesterday, we had a much-needed family day!  We started of with breakfast at the Copper Oven, then headed to the Sedgwick County Zoo.  We hadn't been to the zoo since I was on maternity leave and Ian was about 6 months old.  Now that he's older, he knows a lot of the animals & their sounds, so we figured he'd really enjoy it....we were right!  I didn't get too many pics because we were busy corralling the little guy, but here are a few...
Canadian geese with their babies!  So cute!!

My fav...a peacock!  I was hoping he'd fan out his tail, but no such luck...still beautiful!

Petting the baby goat

He was so cute!  The goat was rubbing up against the fence like a cat!  

We bought a year-long zoo membership, so I'm sure that we'll be back a lot over the next year.  I'll be sure to capture more pics!

2 comments:

jesslucas said...

We have a membership too! We need to go together sometime! :)

Shelby Shinkle said...

Ooo ooo! Us to! We have gone a lot recently. We will go with y'all too! :)