One of the perks to working in a government job is that I get all of the federal holidays off from work! From September - February, there is one (at least) every month. After President's Day, we hit a dry spell...no holidays until Memorial Day at the end of May. March, April, and May generally seem to go by slowly because of this reason, so I always try to plan something during these months to make them more "exciting." In March, we are making a trip to Dallas to see our friends and some family. It will be great to see everyone again and return to our old "stompin' grounds." I already have a list of my favorite restaurants to hit up...although my absolute favorite place, Cuba Libre, closed!!! Not because of lack of business, but because they wanted to transform it into a "fresh new dining experience." Argh! It was great the way it was! Hopefully they will still have some of their yummy food and drinks.
Anyway, back to this weekend...we had a lot of fun! On Friday night, Jason and I went out for our Valentine's Day dinner. It was a little late, but worth the wait! We went to a place called Mikes Wine Dive. I had the Lobster, Crab, and Shrimp Macaroni and Cheese, and Jason had Honey Chipolte Baby Back Ribs. We finished off the delicious meal with a dessert called the "Chocolate Bag." It looked like a little brown paper bag made out of chocolate ( by Coca Dolce, a local chocolatier), and it was filled with vanilla bean ice cream and berries. It was so tasty! My co-worker, Valerie, and her husband, Dave, graciously offered to watch Ian so we could enjoy a date. Thanks guys!!
On Saturday, we went to Oklahoma to see Dave Ramsey Live with my dad and stepmom. Jason and I went through Financial Peace University in college, but it was difficult to apply all of the steps because we really didn't have a consistent source of income. Hopefully, we can use his steps to become debt-free, sooner rather than later (stupid student loans!!) Ian spent the afternoon with Jason's mom (aka: Nanny). We did a lot of driving that day, but it was a good time!
Sunday was church and relaxing, and yesterday was breakfast with my boys and a massage at Healing Waters! My mom got me a massage gift certificate for Christmas, but I have been waiting for my incision to heal before I used it. I actually had an appointment back in January, but had to cancel when I got my wound vac. Fortunately, I got my wound vac off on Friday and by Sunday, the wound was completely closed!! I am soooo thankful! God is good! It seems like it took FOREVER, but now it's over.
Well, back to work today...I will leave you with a pic I took at breakfast yesterday. :)
6 years ago
1 comment:
I can't believe Cuba Libre closed either. Can't wait to see you next week and meet Ian!!
Post a Comment