Sorry it's been so long since I've written! So much has happened this month! On July 11th, I was able to attend my friend, Trina's, baby shower. Several (five!) of the girls in our church LifeGroup are pregnant right now, but Trina is due first! The shower was so great...yummy snacks, fun games, and lots of presents for the little one! Here is a pic of some of the girls from our LifeGroup. Trina is in the middle.

Aren't these shower favors adorable? The picture is actually a sonogram of Trina's baby!

My 29th birthday was July 15th. Jason had to work that night, but some of my LifeGroup friends and I went out to eat at Jose Peppers. Earlier that day, one of my co-workers brought a cake into work to help celebrate. It was a great day! Isn't this the last birthday that I'm supposed to claim?!
On July 17th, I had my first baby shower! This was so exciting and I had a great time. The shower was in Enid, Oklahoma (my hometown), and was hosted by Ashley, Avadelle, and Amber. Ashley and Avadelle are my cousins' wives, and Amber is by best friend and college roommate. The shower was a "Sports" theme, which was perfect because that is the same theme of our nursery! It was so nice to see friends and family. Here are some pics from the special occasion:

L to R: Avadelle, Amber, me, Ashley

Avadelle made the YUMMY cake!

Amber made the adorable diaper cake!

Ashley painted the amazing letters and bookcase!

The invitations were so creative! They were like little "books" -- everyone signed a book instead of a card. Such a neat idea!

Everyone had to cut a piece of yarn that they thought would be long enough to go around my belly. My Aunt Joan was the closest -- see the little piece of yarn in her hand? This was all that she had left over! So close!

The bookcase is in the background. It was a perfect addition to Ian's room! I love it!

Ian received so many wonderful books!! What a great start to his collection!

No comments:
Post a Comment