Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!








We were able to ring in 2009 with my good friend Ashley, and her fiance Matt. They are getting married in March, and her sweet friends hosted a New Year's Eve party/Couples Shower. Jason and I were able to visit with Ashley, get to know Matt, and meet several of Ashley's friends from high school. Everyone was so nice and we had a great time! We stayed late enough to ring in the New Year (in New York :), then we headed back to Irving. The shower was in Rockwall, a suburb about 30 miles outside of Dallas. By the time we hit downtown Dallas, it was midnight! We were able to see all of the fireworks downtown! They were spectacular! Another sight to be seen was the huge number of cars PARKED along the edge of I-35 in both directions! I have never seen such a thing...especially on a major interstate in the middle of a major city! I guess that the police allow this sort of thing on New Year's. They must have other problems that they're worried about. Although it would've been nice to actually be downtown, I definitely was grateful that we could avoid the crowds and celebrate with friends. HAPPY 2009!!!

1 comment:

Amanda Fortney said...

ok, i wish i could see more pictures of the inside of that house. i'm thinking of painting our dining room a color like that (i think that's their dining room with the chandelier). and i love their decor too.