Sunday, August 10, 2008

San Antonio Trip: Episode 3 - Riverwalk

Next, we were off to San Antonio. Our first stop was downtown to visit the Alamo and the Riverwalk. Jason had never been to the Alamo, so he really enjoyed it...being a history buff and all! After the Alamo, we headed down to the Riverwalk.
We entered the Riverwalk area through one of the hotels. They had some pretty fountains, so I had to snap a few pics (see above).
The San Antonio Riverwalk is so neat! There are tons of restaurants and shops all along the river. I know that OKC has tried to imitate the Riverwalk with the Bricktown Canal, but it just isn't quite the same.
Of course, I had to visit the Riverwalk CVS. We went in to get drinks so we could cool off, and I was able to use my employee discount! :)
We also took a ride on one of the riverboats. Our tour guide was knowledgeable...and funny! We were able to learn a lot about the history of San Antonio and some of the buildings and sculptures around the downtown area. After our boat ride, we went to Boudro's for lunch. It was pretty tasty! Our favorite thing was the tableside guacomole. I just drank water, but the prickly pear margarita looked pretty yummy too! Don't worry...I'll have a margarita before the end of this trip! 8-P

No comments: